Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)


What I've Said Before


How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


It's not about us

Monday, May 22, 2006

I said it’s not about us. Well, most of the time it won’t be about us. It may very well be about one of us. My name is not gina, but that’s the name I like when a man comes up to me and ask, “What’s your name?” So, call me gina.

Here’s a little about myself. My purpose for doing this is to strengthen my writing chops.

I am not married and have no children. I’d like to call my age “twenty-twenty” instead of forty. I spent a great deal of my life roaming aimlessly. A life changing event that you will hear about another time changed me from being a hat rack to finding a focus; a purpose, if you will. So in the last year, I’ve gone back to school, completed an Associate’s degree, won some contests in poetry and drama, written some op-eds and a letter to the editor that I’m darn impressed with.

Frankly, I didn’t know I had this in me. You will see some random trains of thought along with my poetry and some formally written stories and opinions.

I will not tell you that I am an excellent writer. I’m going to school to learn how to become an excellent writer. So, if in reading my thoughts, you feel like fighting with me or giving me your two cents for or against my point of view, I welcome it. My writing will come from me. Whether I give my opinion or if I research what I put down, they will be mine. Everything that is not mine will be acknowledged. Heck, isn’t that what blogging is about? Well, if it isn’t, then I’m doing it wrong anyway.


Well, here’s to my doing the dayang thang. Cheers!


Labels: ,

posted by Evolution of gina at 5/22/2006 03:20:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for It's not about us
You're a fine writer, G., and it's about time you had an outlet to show it.