Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


Saturday, December 23, 2006
"The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing - and then marry him."
- Cher

So this is something I wrote in response to a challenge. The challenge was the poem was supposed to be about not getting something you wanted in your childhood or being disappointed about something in your childhood at Christmastime. Maybe y'all can tell me about your grumpiest Christmas--hopefully something you can look back on and laugh about. I just wrote something that came to mind, not from my personal history.

Enjoy!

“He’s real! He’s real! I know it for sure!
I know he’s as real as the snow is pure!”
Some idiotic parent told their kids the truth
and now I’m dealing with dreams gone poof.

“Honey, Santa’s real. You’re the one who’s right,
but only by faith, not by touch, not by sight.
He’s real in the snowflakes, he’s real in the stars.
But most of all, honey, he’s real in our hearts.”

I could bear no more as I saw a trail appear
upon that cherubic cheek from one single tear.
Her eyebrows furrowed when she said, “Aw, shucks.
How else will my lil’ brother get those Tonka trucks?”

Labels: ,

posted by Evolution of gina at 12/23/2006 11:17:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for