Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


A Train of Thought

Wednesday, July 01, 2009
"If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Lee Roosevelt Longworth

Here it goes:
I was shopping for a dress. Let me start off a little earlier. A friend of mine asked me to support him while he is at a funeral for his brother-in-law. Yes, My little black dress has been used a few million too many times for me to feel comfortable with considering wearing it just one more time, so I went shopping. So, I was shopping for a dress for my size 18 self. Mind you, for my age-43-I realize I'm in transition, Too old for juniors, too young for matron. That said, no matter what size you are, you should go to a swanky store like Macy's and see how designers have lost their imagination after size 14. Yes, I could just cut off my gut and fit in those clothes, but that might be a little painful. I digress. I was shopping and saw two things: I hate shopping for dressy stuff and clothes are expensive, even the ugly clothes. I got disgusted. Really disgusted. I don't know where it came from, but I began thinking of how the amount of clothes that I will buy will become limited. Then how the amount of shoes will become limited, then the amount of hours spent becoming disgusted shopping will...(you are now on that train, aren't you?) and how my life is limited. I am no longer young. I am no longer feeling like I've got all the time in the world, because I don't have it. Maybe Michael Jackson's death had something to do with it, but I'm feeling a ticking clock surge through my senses. I bet you hear it sometimes, too. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Yup. There it is, just a ticking away.
posted by Evolution of gina at 7/01/2009 09:42:00 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for A Train of Thought