Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


What I Got In My Mailbox

Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Life without idealism is empty indeed.
-----
Pearl S. Buck


So, I was mulling around doing not much of anything when I decided to check my mail. I received an envelope with a ‘do not bend’ sticker on it. I’m not that special, so when I looked at the return address from my—ahem—alma mater, I got tickled. The last piece of the puzzle was in my hands.

I took my mail with me and decided to flip the envelope and bend up the metal butterfly clasp that held down the flap. I took a peek as if my mail should be a secret to me. Yet, it was a present; a present that I never thought I would receive. I was surprised when I saw a piece of plain white paper. Along with an additional envelope, the piece of paper was slick with a piece of lamination.

I went into the house, took a seat, and slid the paper from the envelope. Under the laminated slice of plastic and the piece of paper, I found my diploma. Would you believe that I have not gotten used to knowing that I got this? That I accomplished this goal? The one thing I never thought I could ever accomplish? I took it in my hands and looked at it. I examined the size of it, the fine writing, my name, the number of people who signed it, the honors sticker, the emblem… I really looked at it.

It may settle in my head eventually. I've got an Associate's of Arts degree in Liberal Arts. I’m just not sure when.

I can tell you that a part of me deep down inside is doing the Snoopy dance.

Labels: ,

posted by Evolution of gina at 5/24/2006 11:51:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for What I Got In My Mailbox
You did good. Hell, I might even tell you I'm proud of you someday.

Sucka!

Punk ass.