Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


I Screamed At Inhumanity

Wednesday, June 14, 2006
I screamed
My brain turned hot
My heart became a piston
Driving beyond its limits
I screamed
Angry
Saddened
Hurting
For my ancestors
For my relatives
For my offspring
I screamed
For the royalty that was stripped away from me
For the royalty that was stripped away those before me
To do the work of people who would not do it themselves
Kings and queens who were shackled and stripped
Turned from human to inhumane
From beautiful to black
Raped, whipped, and stripped
From one to three-fifths
Then finally given freedom that was stolen
Only to be raped, whipped, and stripped
Switching the torture from outside to inside
Switching the torture from physical to psychological
I screamed
Seeing my family
The kings and queens of centuries ago
Who relinquished their titles to honor much less
Drugs
Genocide
Ignorance
I screamed
Looking far
Seeing my cousins killing my other cousins
Not understanding why
But seeing my distant home being stripped of its jewels
The blood of my blood enriching the soil, poisoning the waters
Contrasts of black and white
Contrasts of beauty and fear
I screamed
Looking across the street
Seeing my cousins killing my other cousins
Not understanding why
Seeing my relatives being stripped of their inner beauty
The blood of my blood infused with drugs and abuse
Contrasts of black and black
Contrasts of beauty and ignorance
I screamed
At my children and their future
The evolution of man
From human to inhumane to nonhuman
Void of living
Void of compassion
Only an amalgamation of atoms
Swirled into a mass
Whose decisions, if based on the past,
Can produce the best of me
Can produce the worst of me
The blood of my blood flowing
From generation to generation
Hoping the atrocities will decrease
Knowing the atrocities may increase
I screamed
For the tragedy of slavery
I screamed
Remembering
Miss Evers’ Boys
I screamed
Remembering
The strange fruit
I screamed
Remembering
The Watts riots of the 60’s
I screamed
Remembering
The Watts riots of the 90’s
I screamed
For the degradation of visual, mental, and chemical genocide
I screamed
For the fear of what is to come
I screamed
Wondering if the towers were in Nigeria
Would the New York Times have posted the name of each dead person
I screamed
Wondering when the names of each soldier killed displayed in the news
Became renamed simply as troops
I screamed
Wondering when gross acts of humanity
Became normal and usual
I screamed
How inhumane
My brain turned hot
My heart became a piston
Driving beyond its limits
I screamed
I screamed
I screamed
Until all I could do was inhale

Labels: ,

posted by Evolution of gina at 6/14/2006 12:35:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for I Screamed At Inhumanity