Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


What Is It?

Thursday, June 01, 2006
Okay, so I had this creative writing class assignment where I was supposed to write a poem about a small object. This is the assignment. Tell me what you think this is...

Breathe in. Breathe out.
Allow the air to use me as I cling so closely,
refusing to release. Such a tortured
relationship we have. Your weakened ache
yearns for my pristine armor.
Every moment that we are close,
your warmth melds me with you.
Breathe in. Breathe out.
You get stronger as I become tainted,
tarnished with your remnants of weakness.
Later I am falling apart for you.
Yes, you!
Your once shattered pieces
become whole. Your need for me
weakens and as I hold on as long as possible
to help you, you begin to cleave. Your warmth
becomes cooler. The strength that I once had
fades as I fall away from you.
Finally, you push and pull,
aggravated with my dingy presence.
So precious I was to you, now I evoke
so many distraught emotions.
Breathe in. Breathe out.
A final release tosses me aside,
but confidante?
How will you bid me adieu?
Not with disgust and disdain.
Ah, yes.
No pain.
Place me in a position of dignity
before you set me free.
Fold me into threes.

Labels: ,

posted by Evolution of gina at 6/01/2006 12:37:00 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for What Is It?
LOL, Ben! I guess that I will get no guesses about my puzzle poem.

I'm still not telling!