Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


The Way We Are

Tuesday, May 30, 2006
"Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever."
----
Anonymous


So I went job hunting. In another town. Because the town I live in is too small!

I digress.

I visited a friend that I hadn’t seen in a while. She works as a bank customer service representative. She was working with a customer when my friend and I entered, so we waited in a lovely seating area. The bank was conservative; dark wood tones for the counter section, nice bulky desks, brochures. It was a swanky space. I took the leather chair and my girlfriend took the lovely, complementary loveseat.

We were quietly chatting when a tween-aged girl walks through the door. I’m slightly stunned at a first glance when I saw her not-so-skinny stomach poking out between her shorts and white t-shirt. She stepped to the counter in her bare feet with a dollar bill in her hand. I looked away when my brain said, “Whoa, Nelly! Would ya take a lookie back!!” Reflexively, I looked and the t-shirt was a series of wrapped bandages over her sun-burned torso and upper arms. I had enough home training, but otherwise I would have gasped.

I finally stopped gawking and continued with my conversation when a woman in her upper fifties opened the security door. I glanced up at her as she took a few steps from the door. She actually stood a foot away from this little girl, looked up and down at her for at least ten to fifteen seconds, walked back in, and closed the door.

Proof positive that if you want to rob a bank, come to a bank around here. Make sure you have an apt distraction and you should get a lot of money.

Labels: , ,

posted by Evolution of gina at 5/30/2006 08:23:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for The Way We Are