Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


Just a Thought

Saturday, September 16, 2006
“My life as [an African-American] in America had led me to feel–though my helplessness had made me try to hide it from myself–that the problem of human unity was more important than bread, more important than physical living itself; for I felt that without a common bond uniting men, without a continuous current of shared thought and feeling circulating through the social system, like blood coursing through the body, there could be no living worthy of being called human." - Richard Wright

Okay, you know how I start my blogs with a quote? Well, here is one that is just the quote.

So, I’m reading for an assignment Richard Wright’s Black Boy; I had to stop what I was doing to quote this. There are some other things that I will put in here, but this was a show stopper to me. I hope you feel the same way.
posted by Evolution of gina at 9/16/2006 02:48:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Just a Thought