Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


Ten Things This Tuesday

Wednesday, September 13, 2006
"The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on." - Mary Wollstonecraft

So I didn't do the dang thing yesterday. I'm doing it now, okay? Deal with it. At least I was thinking in the back of my mind that I love you so much that I wanted to do this just for you.

Ten things that I thought about recently:
1. I have a classmate who looks absolutely flawless every time I see her. I mean she is beautiful, no other way to describe it. The other day, I saw a lock of hair out of place and was happy. I was going to tell her that it was out place when I thought to myself that would just make her flawless and I needed my hopes confirmed.

2. I wanted to beat down my roommate last night. She slept like a cat yesterday (and had been for the last couple of days). She had an afternoon nap, which made me know in my heart that she was going to disturb me. She did not disappoint me. This morning she told me she tried really hard to be quiet. I told her in my deadly peaceful manner, "I really wanted to get up and just squeeze your neck so badly. I really did." I really did.

3. I'm writing an essay about an experience that has taken me to some seriously emotional places. I'm so hesitant to post it here because I'm just not sure if it's something that I want to do. I'm nervous about letting it out there for all to see. The people who have read it said that they wouldn't have been able to write what I wrote because it was too deep. My professor wants me to dig deeper about the reflections (what's going through my head at the moment and looking back at the incident) which is making me look at myself more than I thought I would ever consider.

4. I need it. I need to look at the why's of my life. This has been a good experience for me. I'm really excited about this.

5. Still thinking about posting it here. Y'all are going to have to convince me to. I'm fighting in my head about it as I type right now.

6. I went to the Waffle House near my school tonight. I feel dirty. Really dirty. I mean I had a couple of apples and some cucumber salad for dinner. What did I have at the Waffle House? Scrambled eggs, hash browns and half of a waffle.

7. Don't tell anybody about that half of a waffle. They are not supposed to serve it that way.

8. I just got through reading James Joyce's "Eveline." It took me a while to realize that I read it a long time ago. I had to read it twice. I've still got to read it again to be more critical about it. Good story. You should read it.

9. I should go walking. I might do just that in a few, even though it's going on 11:30. I first need to write some notes about my Ancient World class, read some of my Richard Wright's Black Boy, write a journal about it, find a story to write my first paper on in my other English class, make some more notes on "Eveline," and go through my Spanish vocabulary. I think I may even make some flash cards for them, some cards with words, some cards with phrases, some cards with questions with my answering the questions in Spanish...

10. Maybe I won't go walking. Yeesh.

Labels: , ,

posted by Evolution of gina at 9/13/2006 11:12:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Ten Things This Tuesday