Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


Pointless Pic Post

Wednesday, October 11, 2006
"The proof of the pudding is in the eating."
- Miguel De Cervantes


Labels: ,

posted by Evolution of gina at 10/11/2006 06:39:00 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Pointless Pic Post
Since you asked, I'll critique the pic, and include a few links to articles on the subject that I've written where appropriate.

I think your use of linear perspective is very nice here.

That said, the color of the water is a little drab, making me want to convert it to a high-contrast black and white.

The scene is very peaceful, and reminds me (and no doubt everyone else) of a lot of different places I've been, places always full of good memories.

However, the rocks on the left side are a tad dark (so are the trees, but not as bad) and the light on the trees on the right side is a little harsh.

The reflections are very nice, but a polarizer filter would have really brought them out. Don't worry, I don't have one of those either.

I think the crop is a little tight. I'd like to see a little more context here, and also showing a little more on one side would give the picture a better composition.

Overall, I'd say this is a pretty good shot. Thanks for sharing!