Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


We Had to Wake Me up

Saturday, September 22, 2007
"A psychiatrist is the next man you start talking to after you start talking to yourself." - Fred Allen

So I was in the middle of sleeping the morning away when I was having a conversation with myself.

"You have to get up."

"But I don't want to. My eyes don't want to stay open."

"You will get over it. Now get up."

"I'm not going to be able to read if I can't keep my eyes open. You want me to study, but I want to make sure I get all of the sleepiness out of my body." I rolled over.

"Look here. If you don't get up, this wonderful feeling of being in bed until you completely awaken is going to drain you. Then you are going to whine about how much time you lost while sleeping. Now. Get. Your. @$$. Up. NOW!"

"Okay. I gotta pee, anyway."

I just needed to share. The quote that came up gave me permission to do it.

HA!


Labels: ,

posted by Evolution of gina at 9/22/2007 10:20:00 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for We Had to Wake Me up
I have this conversation with myself all the time, but in reverse. I'm trying to make myself stay in bed past 2:30AM, and my bladder is telling me to get up!!

Good to hear from you again, friend. Sorry I haven't been by for such a long time.

I hate those conversations! This morning DH was bumping around the room and I didn't wanna get up...but I had to get up so DD could go for her class this am.

I'm not always stubborn with myself, but then, I'm often having this conversation about too many things.

Ugh.