Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


Oh, The Joy!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

"The sweeter the apple, the blacker the core. Scratch a lover and find a foe!"
- Dorothy Rothschild Parker


"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."
- Elbert Hubbard

It’s my first day of classes. Finally. I’ve been awake since 4am (just as I was stirring, my roommate had to go to the bathroom) and my bundle of nerves would not let me go to sleep.

I also heard something. My mama.

She told me that she loved me in her special way and that she was proud of me.

I’ve made the right decision. Now I must follow through.

In my cleaning out a junk room, I found a binder. Inside it, I found something that my mother had written. I started to read it a couple of weeks ago, but changed my mind. I packed the binder away along with my office supplies that I would need here (at school). I read it last night before I went to bed. I will post what she wrote another time. I realized that, between reading what she wrote and hearing her this morning (along with that day, August 25, 2006, when I had to work at that diner-style restaurant), I have not only made the right choice by returning to school; I also now know that I must follow through. I know that the school that I’m attending will be difficult. There are some very intelligent people here that refer to this school as such.

I simply cannot let that stop me. Nor can I not let “me” stop myself from completing the task at hand. I see it. I see the brass ring. I’m nowhere near touching it, but I see it. For that, I am grateful and determined. Not many people even get the chance to consider the acknowledgement of the brass ring and I saw it!

posted by Evolution of gina at 8/29/2006 05:27:00 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Oh, The Joy!