Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


Ten Things This Tuesday

Tuesday, August 22, 2006
"We ourselves must be the change we want to see in the world." - Mohandas K. Gandhi

I always get a quote before I blog, and though I had this on my nind before I got the quote, I'm convinced that this is a good thing to post about. It would have been ten, but I thought of a few more things, and decided that I couldn't think of 20 things, but more than 10. Thirteen things has already been taken for Thursdays, so I'm told, so... here ya go.

Twelve things I'm doing to keep gas in my car:
1. Topping off my car an extra four to five gallons after the pump auto stops. I've gotten 100-145 more miles per tank by just doing this. I wouldn't recommend anyone doing this, but I went to a full-service tank and gave the attendant $15 expecting less than $10 of gas would fill it up. That man used all of that money, which inspired me to start doing this.

2. Driving slower. I took a trip driving just five to ten miles per hour less than I normally would. That extended my number one an extra 40 miles. Maybe more, I haven't checked my gas tank this morning.

3. Eating less. It just does not make sense to buy a quarter-pounder meal when I can put it in my tank.

4. Driving less. There have been days that I had no reason to go anywhere. Now that may be because I don't have any reason, but often I've asked myself if I really needed to go somewhere for that one thing. I don't.

5. Bulk up. If I have to go somewhere, I ask myself if there is anything else I have to do when I find that I need to go somewhere and plot my route accordingly.

6. Organize my car. I've needed to do this more often, but I clean out my car and check for things that I can take with me just in case. At this moment, I have a change of clothes in my car should I go work out. Not to mention that the less weight that's in my car, the less gas my car needs to propel the car.

7. Use my phone. I've been making phone calls to see if I need to do face-to-faces with people. I didn't have to when I took my trip yesterday, but I've been checking to see what I need to have with me if I need to go.

8. Walk. Okay, that's a scam. Well, it isn't. I did use my exercising to drop off my books on tape once.

9. Confer. Call friends and neighbors and plot times together to do the things you would normally do alone like grocery shopping and payinig bills.

10. Check my tires and fluids. I don't know why, keeping tires properly aerated is supposed to save gas.

11. Go online. As much as I love roaming around, I've gotten directions from the map sites to get the shortest route, which can actually be shorter than the shortest time. Compare if the site gives a choice.

12, Keep it full. The more gas I have in my tank, the less money it costs to fill it up. Putting $15 in my tank from being a fourth of a tank low feels much better than $30 for filling around half a tank. Sometimes it's even more than a half tank, which is really weird.

I'm open for other tips people to do to keep more gas in their car. Have you curbed your vices for extra cash in the tank? Have you become more economical in anyway? Any conservation or environmental tips? Let me know. I'm broke and I need all the help I can get!

Labels: , ,

posted by Evolution of gina at 8/22/2006 06:27:00 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Ten Things This Tuesday