Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


Maybe I Shouldn't Say This, But...

Monday, July 10, 2006
This was previously posted by me on July 8, 2006, in Original Man and has, since that posting, been updated. I do want to point out that Green has merely been convicted and the charges, at this time are alleged.

“To what extent is any given man morally responsible for any given act? We do not know.”
- Alexis Carrel

Y’all know the story about Steven Green? The U. S. soldier who spearheaded a group of men to rape, kill, and burn and Iraqi teenager and killed parents and sister? The guy who was out of the military before he was arrested?

(I see a true-crime movie somewhere in that. Don’t you?)

So, he is going through the American court system for a crime that he fashioned as something Iraqi men would do to their female relatives upon ostracizing them for whatever archaic wrong that they have done--like love another man or refuse to be shackled to a man she didn't love. Of course, Iraqis think that Green should be tried in Iraq, and justice should be given to him the way Iraqis would by being stoned to death.

Maybe I shouldn’t say this, but I don’t have a problem with that. The crime was committed in Iraq, and when a criminal is convicted here, they are tried in the state where the crime was. So what’s wrong with letting Iraq have Green? The vicious crime that he committed should be punished swiftly and justly.

It would save us, the taxpayers, money to boot. If he is given the death penalty, I don't want my "tax dollars" such as they are to go to this mentally abysmal character.

Labels:

posted by Evolution of gina at 7/10/2006 11:33:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Maybe I Shouldn't Say This, But...
I think that the Iraqi's could come up with a much more suitable 'punishment' for this creep! I say let them have him!