Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


On Waking Up Before Dawn

Monday, July 03, 2006
Doing what I dread is easier, somehow than conquering fear. I don't mind fear, it's what keeps us sensible, dread though, that is something that I have to face and acknowledge.
----
Carrie

A young woman whose talents are absolutely amazing sent me a poem. I want to share it with you. I know she is an older teenager who has been writing for years who has a clean simplicity that is not to be fooled because of the messages behind them. Here is some of her other online poetry. (WARNING: THE LINK IS ON AN ADULT WEBSITE, BUT YOU WILL NOT BE BLATANTLY EXPOSED TO ANYTHING SEXUAL IF YOU SCROLL DOWN TO HER POETRY.) I hope you will enjoy this piece and will be inspired to read, and comment on, some of her work.

Thank you, Carrie, for sharing this with me. I am one of your biggest fans, darlin.


On Waking Up Before Dawn

I wish that I will never return
to that place where night wraps tight
her sheets and tucks me in beneath
a star bright canopy nor watch the milky way
spill across the sky then disappear
when I close my eyes.

What's there beneath the horizon
and beyond? My Love, whisper now
and promise me there is more,
more than darkness over the edge,
more than the centre of the night,
more than cold, dark sleep.

I fear the loneliness that lies close
on the other side. I have been and back
and knew only dreamless sleep;
there is no comfort in this. Wake me
into your morning, so that I may see
the day and know the warmth of you.

Labels:

posted by Evolution of gina at 7/03/2006 10:16:00 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for On Waking Up Before Dawn