Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


Here's My Story and I'm Sticking To It, Dad Gum It!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006
So, I dropped by Jali's House, where she had a writing challenge that I could not pass up:

Begin the story in bed. End the story in bed.
A meal must be eaten at some point in the story.

So this is what I wrote:

My bladder awakened me; I wish it could tell time, but since this had been happening to me quite regularly, I'm beginning to think it already knows how. I sat up, pulled out my legs from my soft, warm sheets, and robotically headed for the toilet.

Four minutes later, half of which was spent urinating, I was sitting on the edge of my bed again. Beyond the trees and buildings, the backdrop of rich eggplant purple that I walked away from was disappearing to a dark lavendar.

My blurry eyes tried to look at one, then the other digital sign of time.

4:29.

Next to the clock were an empty yogurt cup and my 16-ounce mug that had the remnants of my awakening. I'm not bitter. Yet.

Though awake, my body felt like lying down. My mind thought about doing some crazy stuff like catch up on my reading or homework. My legs straightened and slid supine under the slightly warmed bed covers. I actually thought that I should reconsider what my body was doing--going for a walk would be great and besides, you have to go to class in three hours; why do the re-sleep thing--when my right arm defied my brain by covering my legs and the lower part of my torso.

As my upper back hit the pillow, my mind, torn yet comforted, succumbed to what my body had already decided. My eyelids made the final decision after the rest of my body shrugged under the covers.

My last thought of that hour, now gone forever, was that I'll take a walk. Tomorrow. After my bladder wakes me up. At 4:29.


Labels: , ,

posted by Evolution of gina at 9/19/2006 01:52:00 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Here's My Story and I'm Sticking To It, Dad Gum It!
When you have lazy friends this is the result: cut and paste (tee-hee-hee)

"gina,
You've always been one of my favorite writers."

I love your take using the parameters given. The main thing is that it holds up on its own as good writing.