Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


Today, I Wrote

Wednesday, November 15, 2006
"What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print."- Isadora Duncan

I've got some work ahead of me. At the college I'm going to, I always have work ahead of me, but I digress. I decided to go to a program at a college that I've never set foot on until today. I went to Tougaloo College.

It was an interesting experience. Until today, I had never been to a historically Black college. I had even thought about attending a college like this except I did not want to live in a skewed environment. I'd like to say that the decision was one of the worst that I had made in my life--right up there with accepting a New Year's date with a man that had no bottom front teeth.
I guess I have become jaded because though it was an exciting time to walk around on this famous campus, I was underwhelmed with being there. Thank goodness I found a friend of mine to experience this with.

My days are becoming more critical to me for some reason. I think it has to do with my being only a few weeks away from the end of my first semester at this college. I've met some interesting people--for some of those people, that statement is not a compliment. I've been challenged and tested. Some of my self-sabotaging ways have creeped up on me with bad outcomes. I keep finding ways to bringing myself down as well as inspiring myself to do well. I've succeeded. I've failed. Most of all, though, I've endured many things.

A few weeks left. I haven't been able to accomplish much in new writing, yet my writing style has been tested and bent, twisted and stretched, and in the end, I've come out of it simultaneously unscathed and reformed. I've learned that I want to have my style spit-shined to a level of excellence and being here is a first step in completing that goal.

And today, I wrote a little notice of the beginning a transformation. I just hope that I can keep up the grades to continue it.

Labels:

posted by Evolution of gina at 11/15/2006 10:11:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Today, I Wrote
Well of COURSE you'll keep the
grades up! What else have ya'
got to do?!

*wink*

Hugs and cheerin' you on,

~~Life

Thought is was about time I peeked
in again... *smile*

Thanks Life, I really needed to hear that.

Now, back to my Spanish.