Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


Ten Things This Tuesday....Wait a Cotton-Picking Minute!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007
"That was all wrong because not all was right." - George Crabbe

Nope, I haven't lost my mind. It's Wednesday, but I am awake early and you want to know who was on my mind? You! Yes, you! Particularly the one relate-tive who says he looks forward to my TTTT. So here you go.

Ten things that I yearn for:
1. To hear Wilson Pickett, Lou Rawls, June Pointer, Billy Preston, Gerald Levert, and James Brown (and if you promise to not tell anyone, Buck Owens) sing one more time. (For Buck, I just want to hear him say, "Hee Haw" just one more time. I don't need a song from him, really. Is that wrong? Yup, it is, but then I'm no country-music fan, either.)

2. To see Mike Douglas and Edward Bradley (
the sexiest man in journalism!) perform one more intriguing interview.

3. To read one more new novel from Bebe Cambell Moore.

4. And while I'm at it, to be able to have such a successful career like she did.

5. To have another accidental president like Gerald Ford. At least the only accidents Ford appeared to be like pratfalls. Should our current president make only those kinds of mistakes... (Yup, I said it, but I still love you, my dear reader.)

6. To see Bruno Kirby (look up the name, you will know him by face), Shelley Winters, Tony Franciosa (good grief, he was a good-looking man), Al Lewis (another name you may have to look up), Don Knotts, Dennis Weaver, Darin McGavin, Maureen Stapleton, Kasey Rogers, Red Buttons, Jack Warden, Peter Boyle, Jack Palance, and Mike Evans (I just realized that you may have to look up a lot of these people. Don't worry, I got you.)

7. To have been smart enough (and excited enough) to have listened to
Louis Rukeyser.

8. To have remembered the Spanish I learned. I passed, but I really need to talk the talk and it is very frustrating not to be able to use it anywhere. I really want to know it as fluently as I know English.

9. To have successfully completed a different resolution. Resolving to not have any resolutions was a little too easy.

10. (Dare I say it...) A hug from my mama and to hear her be "Nikki."

Let me say that this is the link where I got to reflect on all of the people who died in 2006. It will give details on who all of those people are.


Labels: ,

posted by Evolution of gina at 1/03/2007 06:46:00 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Ten Things This Tuesday....Wait a Cotton-Picking Minute!