Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


Pet Peeve Post... GRRRRRR...

Saturday, February 03, 2007
"What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

So this morning I woke up early and did what had to be done--I went to the bathroom. Living in a dorm situation is interesting at best, but I like the convenience and intimacy of the cube-style dorm living. The entrance opens up to a hallway where the entrances to the dorm rooms are located. There are nine rooms--8 double-occupancy and a single-occupancy--along with the bathroom, but only 12 women occupy the rooms (and you don't want to know how long it took me to figure that out--ick).

I digress. Last night, I met one of the women in the bathroom. She put a sign on the bathroom door that basically told the other women to wash their hands. We chuckled, cringed then moved on with our lives. This morning I see someone's comments added at the bottom:

"God created my hands and they are clean. I do not need to wash them."

I wanted to cry. I wanted to lie out on the cold, bare bathroom floor and cry. Then I wanted to hurl. I wanted to hurl a big, fat, honking rock upside the head of the woman who wrote it. Instead, I washed my hands, went to my room and found a sword of choice: a medium-point Sharpie. (For those of you who don't know, [as if millions of people read what I write--yeesh] a Sharpie is a permanent ink felt-tip marker.) I turned to the sign behind the bathroom door and wrote:

"And the devil is out there. WASH YOUR HANDS!"

I'll report on this as developments happen. In fact, I wrote an op/ed on it that I may submit to the school paper. I may put it here.

Labels: , ,

posted by Evolution of gina at 2/03/2007 01:11:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Pet Peeve Post... GRRRRRR...