Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


Why? Can somebody tell me why?

Saturday, January 27, 2007
"It is better that ten guilty escape than one innocent suffer."- William Blackstone

So last night I've been talking to a relative of mine. She told me that my voicemail was insulting. I asked her why it was so insulting, and she pretty much said that it just was, then added, "Some people don't even know what 'ambiguous' is!" After asking yet again what was so insulting about this message to her, she said, "If you don't know what's insulting about your message then I'm not going to tell you." She also mentioned that people will leave whatever messager that they are going to leave (I know, so they should not expect a call from me if I don't understand it), think that "this b%&^*$ is crazy" or some other abstract reason. She did also mention that people will shoot me for a messge like this.

Am I nuts?

Want to know what the message says? "I'm sorry we're not able to come to the phone at this time. Please leave your name and number and we will contact you as soon as possible. Ambiguous and incomplete messages will be discarded and ignored. Thank you." I am speaking in a perky, but professional, tone.

I have this message because there are actually people who call and either do not leave a message or tell me to call back at a certain number. I'm not calling you back if you cannot tell me who you are. It's that simple. I am so mad at her for thinking that she should be offended about my message. This is an older woman and she has told me this three other times. She made me so mad last night about it that I could barely sleep. If this person could just say something that relates to the message itself instead of sounding like she is trying to control everything that does not please her, I would be much more comfortable about considering changing the message. Heck, it's not like a great deal of her advice has ever been to my betterment.

Okay, I'm officially frustrated. Tell me I'm not nuts, people, and we can all move along with our lives.

Labels: ,

posted by Evolution of gina at 1/27/2007 10:32:00 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Why? Can somebody tell me why?
You're not nuts, and you can move along with your life!! I didn't find it insulting, just matter of fact.

Thanks, DB! (Why does my mouth water when I see your name?)

Funny, this woman called me tonight. I know she called me to see if I changed my answering machine or not. I haven't. She helps me out every now and then.

She called me today and talked about my niece. She said that she was offered to play basketball, but she wanted to make sure she had good grades. I know that the woman wanted to egg me by asking what would the average child choose.

I told her that the average child would choose what she truly wanted to do, what she thought would be best for herself.

I think I need to blog this... :D

I didn't find your message insulting either. I don't know what the deal is with answering machine messages anyway.

When I still lived with my Mom we got an answering machine and since she is a HUGE BeeGee's fan I decided that the outgoing message should be from one of their songs. So the message went like this... "I've just gotta get a message to you...hold on...hold on" BEEP

A lot of people thought that the message was very cute and said so on the machine. But apparently a few people commented that they couldn't tell who they had called (didn't know it was her number) and so she had me change the message. GRR!

For my machine now, I use the generic one that comes with it. I don't want folks to know who they called. If it's important leave a message. But I have caller ID so I'll call back folks who don't leave a message to mess with thier head. It's a hoot!