Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


Will I Make It to Friday? Will I Make It to Saturday?

Monday, March 24, 2008
"This defeat has taught me a lesson, but I'm not quite sure what it is." - John McEnroe

This is going to be a big week for me. I'm taking a last $100 to my name to do something crazy. I'm going to buy a passport. I've got more debt than these five pictures of Andrew Jackson can do anything with, so I'm going to do this. Or should I say but. I have to believe that I'm going to Mexico to brush up on my Spanish. Pray. Keep your fingers crossed. Furiously rub your lucky charm. Send positive auras. Whatever. Give it to me. Hit me with it.

My first part of my graduation exams are Friday, and I don't think I'm ready for them. On up note, I know the difference between a metonymy and a synechdoche. I think. The difference is subtle, but a metonymy replaces one word for another (firing up the grill for igniting a fire in the grill). A synechdoche abbreviates a phrase for a whole thing (I hope Memphis wins the Big Dance this year--where Memphis is referring to the Memphis State University basketball team).

You wouldn't believe how long it took me to get that in my head. Geez.

Labels:

posted by Evolution of gina at 3/24/2008 07:15:00 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Will I Make It to Friday? Will I Make It to Saturday?
Your first act of faith in going to Mexico is your buying a passport. Great first step!

Now, if you haven't already, begin actually seeing (visualizing) yourself on walking along the street(s), in the shops, seeing the views, attractions, staying at the resort, hotel, etc. of whatever city in Mexico you desire to visit.

See it, feel it, breathe it in! The sun, the air, the sand, the people, the people, the music. "KNOW" you're there!

Do this daily, without a doubt in your heart, and you'll
be in Mexico (for real) before you know it!

Don't worry about how, or the money. Those things will be provided in a wonderful way under grace!:D Your job is to see it/be it! God will take care of the rest.

This is how I got to Jamaica (several times), and I didn't have a CLUE how I was going to get there, or the funds to go. I just knew I was going, and that was it! Then things started falling miraculously into place. :D

As far as I'm concerned, I believe without doubt, that you are there already! So get ready, get ready,
get ready!

Have a great trip!

Hugs,

~~Life