Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


You Wouldn't Believe Who I Met!!!!!

Saturday, February 09, 2008
"In order to live free and happily you must sacrifice boredom. It is not always an easy sacrifice." - Richard Bach

I met Natasha Trethewey!!!! And if you don't know who that is, well, you are not that smart! (It's okay, though. I didn't know who she was, either.) She won the Pulizer Prize for poetry last year! You have got to get her book Native Guard. If you have lost a loved one, you will understand how deeply personal and difficult writing this poetry might have been. The pictures I've seen of her do her no justice--she's drop-dead gorgeous. I've been reinvigorated by her advice and her work.

Going to study now. I have work to do! Google "Natasha Trethewey" and "Monument"--you will understand why she got the prize!

Labels: ,

posted by Evolution of gina at 2/09/2008 03:08:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for You Wouldn't Believe Who I Met!!!!!
I am so glad you enjoyed Natasha Trethew's poems. Also check out "Sweeping Beauty" -- she has some poems in there, and the other poems are great to read, too.

I mentioned her in my blog, hedgehoglover.blogspot.com -- AND I write for www.getyourenglishon.net , a book lover's blog. No poetry on that blog -- yet!

Thanks for the input! After I get through putting all of my English stuff in my head, I'll look up your blog.