Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


Ten Things This Tuesday

Tuesday, May 06, 2008
"Things should be made as simple as possible - no simpler." - Albert Einstein

So, it's definitely my last Tuesday here...before I graduate!!!!!! I just checked my grades and I got a B+ and two A's! All I have to do is just coast. I'm trying to have a day where I'm not looking at the bad, just the good. That said, here are...

Ten things I can say I have done because of my education at Millsaps College!!!!
1. Read Middlemarch by George Eliot.
2. Learned more about playwrighting.
3. Had a leading role in a play...
4. As the only Black woman in a play set in 19th century Germany!
5. Got my poetry published in a textbook--well, my work was required reading for the next year's incoming students.
6. Was a 40-year-old transfer student living in a dorm.
7. Read Catullus.
8. Co-interviewed Ann Patchett.
9. Took classes by a published poet (two of them--Austin Wilson and Aleda Shirley), an actress/dancer/director, and some frighteningly smart people.
10. Met and chatted with Pulitzer winners Richard Ford and Natasha Trethewey.

BONUS: I'M GOING TO TRAVEL ABROAD!

Labels: ,

posted by Evolution of gina at 5/06/2008 10:00:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Ten Things This Tuesday