Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


I'm Thrilled. I'm Scared. I'm Gonna Be Sick.

Thursday, July 20, 2006
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
- Theodore Roosevelt


So you wouldn't believe what happened to me.

I had to send off my high school transcripts to this school I had been trying to get into. I had mistakenly forgotten to find out for the week after sending it to call and confirm that they received it. I was determined to remember to call Monday morning.

I did.

"Millsaps College Admissions Office. How may I help you?"

“May I speak to Diane, please?”

A few moments later, Diane confirmed who she was and I started talking.

“Hello, my name is Gina Kohl and I just wanted to confirm if you have received my high school transcripts?”

“Sure. I just got back from vacation.”

I’m anxious, but I know I should try to be amiable. “How was it?”

“Oh, it was fine. We went to New Mexico…”

I’m hearing what she is saying. I really am. She went there and Colorado, visited her children in those states; she was gone for two weeks and just got back and this is her first day at work. I did hear her. Yet, my life is moving slowly through rut after rut and waiting to make sure that they have everything that they need for me to get in is one of the reasons I've been in so much turmoil. Nevertheless, this call isn't about me. WELL IT IS, DAD GUM IT, BUT I HAD TO ATTEMPT TO BE CALM AND COLLECTED! LADY! HURRY UP! I NEED TO KNOW!

“Okay, your transcripts got here on the 13th. We’ve got everything we need. You’ve been accepted."

And that’s when I started getting sick. Oh, I played it off well. I thanked her and we talked about the $250 deposit that I needed to make—the one that I didn’t have a clue about—gave other mundane niceties and hung up.

I’ve been accepted to Millsaps College. Oh, my stars. I’m going to be sick.


Labels: , , ,

posted by Evolution of gina at 7/20/2006 12:45:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for I'm Thrilled. I'm Scared. I'm Gonna Be Sick.
Gina, I am so very happy for you!

Hey, Millsaps has quite a good reputation!

"One interesting aspect of Millsaps academics is the Faith & Work Initiative, a program that allows students to explore work as a ‘vocation' that arises from a deep sense of personal meaning. Designed to instill qualities of socially responsible leadership, the program challenges students to align their vocational goals with those of the family, community, church, economic structures, and the world . . ."

That reminds me of someone...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! How wonderful!

I tried to congratulate you earlier and Blogger hiccupped! Maybe this time will work!!

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!