Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


Ten Things This Tuesday

Tuesday, July 18, 2006
"The greatest happiness you can have is knowing that you do not necessarily require happiness."
- William Saroyan


Yup, I'm slacking. This double-teaming of Israelites is really disturbing me.

So for this Tuesday, I decided instead of "Much / Not So Much", I would do ten things:

Ten Things I Want Without Buying It:

1. Some of our ozone layer back. The summers just keep getting hotter and hotter, people. You northern United States people are feeling what us Southerners have been feeling forever. It's always extremely hot down here. Don't even want to talk about the humidity; I could wring out water with the air!

2. Some old homemade wine recipes. When I was a kid one summer, my mama made some muskidine wine. It was so sweet and delicious to me that I didn't know I was getting myself drunk. I betcha Mama did and just wanted me to shut up. LOL Ooh! Anybody got a recipe for kahlua that uses Everclear in it? Soooooooooo good.

3. The "WAR" switch turned to "off." I'm feeling awfully eerie with wars all over the place. Does anyone think things would be this crazy if Gore would have been president in the first dang place? I don't.

4. Nat King Cole. Man, he was a beautiful man. I think I would like to hear someone new break out with a cool style and a smooth voice that would melt butter, and the ladies hearts.

5. A hydrant party. Remember back in the day when some strong teenagers would be able to bust open a hydrant and everyone in the neighborhood would run and play in the water. Next thing you know, music would be coming from somewhere and there would be a party for the young and old?

6. Toys. Remember the lemon twist? The Hula Hoop? The Slinky? When's the last time you saw girls huddled in a circle playing jacks or jumping double dutch? Not around my parts. They are growing up too fast for any of those simple joys. No "Mother, May I?" No "Tag," or "Red Light, Green Light." No racing down the street to see who could run the fastest. No hopscotch or making mudcakes. Lost arts, indeed.

7. History. How far can you go back in ancestry? My family reunion is coming up and I think they have 9 generations plotted. People who look nothing like me are related to me. It's beautiful. I wish I could go back that far with other parts of my family.

8. Horizontal Hustling. Okay. Enough said. It's just been a while and I think you grown folks know what I'm talking about. And no! I haven't bought any! Hush!

9. Hugs. I love hugs! I love a big, long, breath-squeezing embrace with people who don't smell bad and are willing to be hugged just as much as I do. Somebody come and gimme a hug, dad gum it!

10. Eat good food. You know, chocolate that will not go to my hips or to my tummy. Stuff that I don't feel like I'm sacrificing if I ate. My taste buds salivating over a Chick-O-Stick. Stuff like that.

Labels: , ,

posted by Evolution of gina at 7/18/2006 02:56:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Ten Things This Tuesday