Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


Pointless Pic Post

Thursday, August 03, 2006

"The only thing you take with you when you're gone is what you leave behind."
- John Allston

"No more wars, no more bloodshed. Peace unto you. Shalom, salaam, forever."
- Menachem Begin


Labels: ,

posted by Evolution of gina at 8/03/2006 12:08:00 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Pointless Pic Post
gina this is a great pic...i think you have good eye too when it comes to taking photographs...keep this up...that road pic you posted days ago was also great :-)

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

The tree branch frames it so well. It really is a nice photo, Gina.

Thanks, guys! I'm a sucker for positive reinforcemnt!

Hi Gina,
Just visiting via Eric's panic blog.

If I could spell Suwanee, I'd ask you if the photo is of that river? The banks look similar to the one here in Florida.

I read back over some of your previous postings and the very next one back struck a cord for me. I'm the father of six grown children and I often wonder how they view me as a Dad. Be gentle with the old guy, we Dads have survived a lot. Thanks for your thoughts.

Since you asked my opinion, I think the shot is well-composed. The tree branch and tree in the lower left frame the picture nicely, and the broken branch in the lower right leads your eye into the frame. I only wish the colors were more vivid.

Thanks John! I didn't know that he had accepted my bid! Wooooohoooo!

This, as most of the pics that I have will be coming from the state where I live, Mississippi. This pic is at a boat drop (at least that's what I think they call them) at Grenada Lake, a dam that I live near.

I'm torn about my relationship with my father. Throughout my childhood, things went from great to being empty. Instead of tossing the relationship and walking away, It is something that I just can't do. I know many people look at their fathers with disdain. He's not perfect (and goodness knows, neither am I), but he is my father. I have no brothers and sisters that connect me to my mother and father simultaneously. In fact, he's the only direct blood relative that I have, so I want that.

When he passes, with all of the family I am connected to, I will feel alone. I want to fight for a good relationship with him, and I don't give a doggone (yes, I was gonna type the other "d" word) what he says.

Wow, that was a blog, not a response!

Ooh! I see soap bubbles.

Oh, Kelly! Thanks for your opinion! I truly value it!

I've done the dorkiest thing. I can't find my book that goes with my camera! I've been playing with the views on my camera, and that's the best I got. I may have to go back and just run the gamut of views or exposures (or whatever they are called) to see if I can make it better.

I do understand what you mean though.

Ah, another great shot showing how very talented you are Gina.

Is that Kudzu I see on the cedar?

One suggestion, use your magic brush and paint the river blue *grin*

Well, while you are taking artistic license, drop a little punt in there with someone fishing. Off to a quadrant... not in the center. It is not cheating, its art.

Fan, darlin'. I'm not sure what that is, but I have better pics of what kudzu looks like. There is a place that I took a panoramic pic of when I was driving with my mother one time. I've had to go often with someone else, yet I haven't found the time to stop and take pics of this place. In the meantime, I'll post a pic with some kudzu.

Now I have to go take pics of that place. It looks like a jungle to me and I've always found it fascinating. Thanks for the inspiration!