Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


Much / Not So Much

Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Cheerios with milk and sugar? Much.
Cheerios with milk and salt? Not so much.

Pants fitting loosely as you walk? Much.
Pants falling because they are too loose when you walk? Not so much.

Brokeback Mountain in your DVD player? Much.
Brokeback Mountain live in your backyard? Not so much.

Honeymoon night? Much.
Honeymoon night in front of a live studio audience? Not so much.

Mel Gibson
getting
pulled over on a DWI? Much.
M
el Gibson getting pulled over and spewing anti-semetic slurs? Why are you so surprised?
He did make Passion of the Christ, didn't he? Okay, so would this have been a big deal if the cops were black and he did black slurs? Nobody would have said boo about it, so don't act like it's a big deal now. He's prejudiced. We all have our own within us whether we show it or hide it. Let he who has not told an off-colored joke cast the first stone.

Labels:

posted by Evolution of gina at 8/01/2006 10:49:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Much / Not So Much
LMAO at honeymoon in front of live audience!!
Love the new background, I been slack, haven't been over for awhile...I know, bad debambam....

It's okay. Promise.

Do you know anything about Mel's family background, Gina? His father is/was/not sure which/ a bonefide Jew hater and very vocal about it. I don't know if he was a Nazi or not, but he could have been. This sort of language is what Mel probably heard growing up, so it's no wonder it came spewing out when he was drunk.

Sorry, Dirty Butter, but there is no justification. I've been drunk before and I wouldn't have done what Mel did because it's not in me to. Even if that was his normal conversation in private, he knew better than to speak regardless of his drunken state. There is no "slide by" situations where racial slurs can be spoken.

"It's no wonder it came spewing out when he was drunk?" I do wonder. Many people have had the ability to change the habits of their parents. (My grandmother and mother smoked throughout my childhood; I don't.) I wouldn't let him slide at all. He knows how he felt, and, dare I say, I would not be surprised if he apologized only to placate those he offended.