Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


Back On the Saddle Again... Sheesh.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006
"A great deal of talent is lost to the world for want of a little courage. Every day sends to their graves obscure men whose timidity prevented them from making a first effort."
- Sydney Smith


Good googly woogly.

I took a Benadryl last night and that's my excuse for not working out this morning, but Yolanda and I hit it hard today. It's been nearly two weeks since she worked out because of her ankle. I'm sipping my herbal tea to force myself to rest. We really did well and I feel good about pushing myself. I just wished I could sweat as much as Yolanda does.

I am angry though. After three or four weeks of working out and trying to not eat as much as I once did, I did weigh myself 200.8 pounds on the digital scale. Monday, July 17, I weighed myself again. Yes, I'm going to tell you how much I lost. Two pounds. Not 2.1 pounds. Not 1.9 pounds. Exactly two pounds. Am I angry? Am I disgusted? Take a guess. Yup. Pissed beyond words.

Okay, okay! Fine! I lost weight. I was strutting around in my clothes, feeling all cute and stuff. I've felt better, I thought I smiled wider, I was even shaking my booty while I walked.

And all I lost was two pounds?

Don't worry. I'm not giving up. That's progress. Hey! I am under 200 pounds! Woohoo!

Labels: , , ,

posted by Evolution of gina at 7/25/2006 11:02:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Back On the Saddle Again... Sheesh.
Don't feel so bad. Muscle weighs more than fat. Plus, the more muscle you build, the more water your body retains while you are exercising. That's good for you, but it keeps your weight from going down as much as you'd like in the beginning. Pay more attention to the way your clothes fit than what the scales say. You'll be happier.

There are several weight loss and healthy life style blogs on BLOG VILLAGE. Have you checked them out?