Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


Look at What They Made Me Do!

Friday, January 05, 2007
"The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy

I checked my email the other day. Among them was a friend who invited me to Facebook.

I cringed at the sight of it. Something about social circles freak me out in real life as it is. Now having to do it online? Good grief. Did I succumb to that demon? Yup. Sure did. It took me a while to set up my profile and stuff--I did some at my job and some at home. I finally did it, though. I had even thought about setting up one through my online name, Gina Kohl, but that may get confusing to me. Not that I don't mind, but my real name is so blatantly unusual that I don't like using it here.

I'm not sure that I would be able to completely get into divulging all of the information that they ask for. In fact, in the "interests" column, I wrote, " My interests interest only me. Why bore you with them?" I asked myself if I would I want to know everything there is to know about every friend I have? No. I don't think I do. I don't want to know what Brenda's interests are, what type of music she likes, what groups she's in, what other people say about her, what their interests are, how she knows all of these people... well, you get the point. What did I find myself doing? I clicked on just about every person I knew on this campus, asked them if they would be my friend, and when they did, I entered how I knew them, and... Let's just say that I had to slowly back away from the computer. I have a life! I have priorities! I was in the middle of watching the "America's Next Top Model" mega-marathon, for crying out loud!

So, will Facebook take in my soul? I will forbid it to do so and you want to know why? Because I love you! I won't let that dastardly monstrosity take up all of my time and let it try to keep me away from you! You mean the world to me! There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about you!

Labels: , ,

posted by Evolution of gina at 1/05/2007 10:22:00 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Look at What They Made Me Do!
I never signed up for Facebook, but I have done Friendster and still dabble in My Space. I don't know why I signed up, there aren't a whole lot of people I need to get back in touch with. I gotta say though, it can be fun to see how other people are doing...from a safe distance.:)

Sorry I was unable to accept your bid this time but that was because I believe you rented from me before, right?:)