Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


Ten Things This Tuesday...Oh no, not again...

Wednesday, January 10, 2007
"Let us not be too particular: it is better to have old secondhand diamonds than none at all." - Mark Twain

Yup. I'm late again and I don't even have much time for this either, but since things are narrowing down to where I have to declare myself as "forty-something," I figured I better make this one count. I have one more Tuesday before my birthday, (would I be too narcissistic if I told you that I'll be 41 on January 17th, two days after Martin Luther King, and the same birthday as Betty White, Muhammed Ali, Jim Carrey, and James Earl Jones and that they are in wonderful company? Nah. Not me. Not my style...) so I will try to make my posts count worth something.

Okay, the other posts. This one will not mean much more than squat.

Ten things I am able to do that a woman half my age could not.
1. Have a man 10-15 years younger than me and it would still be okay. Hey, don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Now all I have to do is try it.
2. Laugh out loud and not care about what anyone thinks when they hear me. Well, I was doing that before, but at half my age, I was trying to be cool. Besides, my mama would always get on my case: "Stop all of that loud laughing! You sound like..." Fill in the blank on that; she'd fill it with cow, whore, prostitute, hooker, or whatever embarrassing or humiliating thing that would appear to make me quiet. Nowadays, I think my laugh is a fantastic characteristic, dad gum it. Dare I say that the people who know me would agree.
3. Wear weird things. I'll have to take a pic of my newest cap and put it in here to let you see what I mean. I'm not even sure how I look to other people with it on, but I adore it on me. Isn't that's what is supposed to matter?
4. Be myself. It's a little hard to do sometimes because there are parts of myself that I'd rather change.
5. Reinvent myself. Isn't 40 the new 30 anyway? Besides, I look so good for my age that I don't even have to...
6. Lie about my age. But I'm thinking about it. Especially since the average age people think I am is 24-34.
7. Reflect. I can take a look back at my life and be proud of what I didn't accomplish. Doen't make sense, huh... Yeah, I know. I'll have to do another total blog on that one.
8. Look forward with different eyes. The future at 40 is totally different than the future at 20. Let's face it, when we realize that we are adults or are no longer young, we see things in a totally different life.
9. Ask questions. There are some people in my life that I can ask questions about now that would seem disrespectful when I was half my age. I'd like to go have drinks in a smoky club with some of my older relatives.
10. Admit to mistakes. There's no sense in my having pride about things that I've done wrong. Truth be told, by the time people get to 40, we all would have made at least one error in judgement. If we are lucky, we may even be able to laugh at them, like the time I had five shots of Jose' Cuervo 1800 tequila and then ate an order of buffalo wings slathered with ranch dressing (huge mistake)!!!

Labels: , , ,

posted by Evolution of gina at 1/10/2007 01:06:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Ten Things This Tuesday...Oh no, not again...
all great things... I think that I stopped caring about what others thought in my late 20's. I pretended to stop caring in my late teens, but we all know that was a lie.
I just turned 40...looking forward to a great year.

I don't think my DH would appreciate the younger man thing. ;)

Hi - Sounds like experience counts for something.

I was going to email you but I couldn't find your address. To join exercise for comments just post the pledge on your blog:

Example:
Blogger Pledge
I will exercise for comments.
Time Period: January 1- January 31
Type of exercise: Sit-ups
Pledge: 1 sit-up per comment

You can add a blogroll on your sidebar by following the instructions here: Blogroll instructions


I'va already added you to the blogroll. Good luck!

I see you've joined the "will exercise for comments" program. Yesterday you must have gotten quite a workout from your pledge to do 2 situps for every comment you left on my blog ;) Have a great day.