Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


This Is Not A Threat. I Swear!

Monday, December 10, 2007
"It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."- Jerome K. Jerome

Well, after what seemed like a thousand years with no ISP service (the sons of nasty dogs went bankrupt "out of the blue") and another two thousand years with very slow service, my college is up and running. Not soon enough since it is our freaking exam week.

SCREAMING!
So, of course, this note is obviously short. Can I just say that my Creative Writing class has no sense of humor? See if you get the gist of this poem. Then I'm leaving. Senior Seminar final in the morning and I don't know what I'm going to write!
SCREAMING!
SCREAMING!
SCREAMING!
Okay, here's the poem:
Scheduled
Smile you will
or frown someday
when you don’t glance
at the clock after
you hear the quiet slam
of the door against jamb
to know who came home.

Smile you will
or sigh perhaps
when you walk
to the dining room not
because she told you, but
because you hear
the oven door close
smell melted butter
on baked yeast or meal
in her cast iron skillet.

Someday you glance,
hear who will sigh,
perhaps you
hear the door
and smell her

while you discover there are
three definitions of “funk” on page 723.

The answer to the next question is
“page 719.”

Labels: , , ,

posted by Evolution of gina at 12/10/2007 05:52:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for This Is Not A Threat. I Swear!