Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


I Had an Epiphany

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"Every Communist must grasp the truth: 'Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun'." - Mao Tse-Tung

So, this is what I did tonight. I procrastinated by calling a few people. They must have seen my number on the Caller ID and decided to not pick up. You're probably laughing, but with my St. Louis area code, it threw off the last person I called. After confirming that I was speaking with her, she said, "What are you doing in St. Louis?" I told her that I had always had this phone number. Can you believe she said (like so many other people after I don't talk to them in a while) that she did not know where I was. Now I know that she knew. Then she said that my cousin had called and that she called. I told her that I spoke with my cousin. Would you believe it? I swear I'm going to write this in a book whenever I do, definitely in a short story. This woman said that the cousin told her that she hadn't heard from me.

"Well, I guess I'm lying." Geez!

"No, no. I didn't say that you were lying. I'm just telling you what she said. Don't put words in my mouth." Come on. I told her that I did talk to her, and she so much as said that I didn't because she said that I didn't. Good grief.

Digressing.

I got off the phone, read this book (Oh, if any of the five of you who are reading this happens to want to read a book on Black history, and how some of the mentality of white racists came about, you have got to pick up White over Black: American Attitudes of the Negro from 1550-1812. Very interesting book) that I am having in a class of mine next semester for nearly 90 minutes. I had to go to the bathroom (yup, don't we all do that? Saying that doesn't make me a bad person, does it?), picked up this book called The Nature of Literature: Writing on Literary Topics when it hit me.

Yup. this is the epiphany.

I could go to my school for one more year to get my teaching license, teach while I go to grad school to get my master's in Library Science, and become a librarian as I go to school for English or Creative Writing! Is that not a serious plan or what???? I like it. I figured that I would stop studying--stop everything--and write this down: my master plan. It sounds pretty solid to me. What do you think? Be honest with me. Inquiring minds want to know. Okay, not inquiring minds, just my mind.

Labels: , ,

posted by Evolution of gina at 1/01/2008 11:03:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for I Had an Epiphany
I think it's a great plan!

First - it's wonderful to have a plan - period.

Second - you'll be learning and earning at the same time - can't beat that with a stick.

Third - the babies you teach will have the opportunity to know you and that's a great thing.

Hugs!