Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


Ten Things This Tuesday

Tuesday, January 08, 2008
"Beneath the rule of men entirely great, The pen is mightier than the sword."- Edward Bulwer-Lytton, Baron Lytton

Yeah, so what! I pulled a cheapie on you! Like the four of you care. Ha! Take that! And Happy Freaking New Year to You!

Ten quotes that have nothing in common:
1. "What I don't like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day."- Phyllis Diller


2. "There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew."- Marshall McLuhan

3. "Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose laziness and despondency make them give it up as unattainable."- Lord Chesterfield

4. "Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing."- Robert Benchley

5. "Kindness consists in loving people more than they deserve."- Joseph Joubert

6. "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."- Fats Domino

7. "No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck."- Frederick Douglass

8. "The advantage of the emotions is that they lead us astray."- Oscar Wilde

9. "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."- George Bernard Shaw

10. "My husband gave me a necklace. It's fake. I requested fake. Maybe I'm paranoid, but in this day and age, I don't want something around my neck that's worth more than my head."Rita Rudner

Labels:

posted by Evolution of gina at 1/08/2008 09:48:00 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Ten Things This Tuesday
Here's my favorite quote: ā€œI do not belong to the sobbing school of negrohood whose feelings are all hurt about it. When discriminated against, Iā€™m merely astonished ā€” How can anyone deny themselves the pleasure of my company?ā€
~ Zora Neale Hurston