Call Me Gina

My Photo
Name:
Location: Miss Sippy, United States

Leader of the people in my mind (most of the time, anyway...)



How Many Have Come By to See Me



Extra Stuff That You Can Click On



Powered by Blogger



Get Firefox!




Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

exerciseforcomments


Happy Birthday to Me. Yuck.

Thursday, January 17, 2008
"The gent who wakes up and finds himself a success, hasn't been asleep." - Wilson Mizner

Well, guess what the heck I've done for my 42nd birthday. Let's just say that I'm sad. Instead of going out and having some fun with some people that I may never see again, much less see next year, and instead of going to work for some extra chump change, I did someone a favor. Someone who I know beyond a shadow of a doubt would not do the same for me. Why? (Mind you, I really want to curse and kick something--maybe I'll kick my teddy bear--this is a family blog, so no cursing. Asterisks are another story all together...) I guess the best answer would be because I am a sucker. A doggone sucker.

I woke up this morning and the first thought that came to my mind is, "I hate my life." I decided to swat that sucker right out of my head. I went to work, decided to go to lunch where someone sang "happy birthday" to me, went back to work. I thought I was going to do something fun, when not only did I discover that I that I was not going to have fun, I was also going to be politely removed from the place I went to to have some fun. I can't explain it.

In the meantime, I missed going to a party for not just me, but for three of us who has a birthday today. So I came back to campus to pick up a friend. She didn't tell me that she was going with someone else. Now here's the kicker. I go to someone else's room, and they need me to write something for them. As someone else. What do I do? Write the letter. Took me 90 minutes to make the letter look great. What does she ask me to do? "Gina, I will pay you five dollars." Uh oh. In the year and a half that I've known this woman, I've seen her pull out money ONCE. "Ten dollars." Yeah, right. What do you want... "Would you write my letter for me?" I told her that it was enough to write a letter as one person, now you want me to write a letter for two? I added that I would clean up the letter after she wrote it. "I can't put down what I want to write in my head." Uh huh. Neither can I.

I came to my room, burst into tears because it's my 42nd birthday and not one single present from anybody. I guess I should count one present: God gave me this day.

That was too dad gum sappy. SCREAMING!!!!!

Labels: , , ,

posted by Evolution of gina at 1/17/2008 08:54:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Happy Birthday to Me. Yuck.
Funny how important some birthdays are, and others are no big deal.

Sorry you had such a miserable day, but Happy Birthday, anyway!!!

{{HUGS}}

Happy Birthday G!